REEF’s 2020 Fort Lauderdale Lionfish Derby
Fort Lauderdale Derby Schedule
Late Registration: Friday, July 17, 2020 from 5:30-6:30pm 15th Street Fisheries 1900 SE 15th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Registration cost: $120.00 per team (minimum 2 people per team, maximum 4 people)
- Pay Registration Fee
- Captain’s Meeting: Friday July 17, 2020 from 6:30-7:30pm
- 15th Street Fisheries 1900 SE 15th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
- Captain’s Meeting is mandatory for the team captains, and all team members are encouraged to attend. The team captain must be one of the four participants in the derby, but does not need to be the captain of the boat. Safe collecting and handling techniques and derby rules and permits will be reviewed. IMPORTANT: This year we are allowing for remote attendance of the Captain’s Meeting via Go To Meeting (details will be emailed out the week of the derby).
Saturday July 18, 2020 Sunrise: Teams may begin collecting lionfish
Sunday July 19, 2020 Sunrise to 1:00 pm
Sunday July 19, 2020 at 15th Street Fisheries
1:00 pm: All lionfish must be turned into the scoring station (Lauderdale Marina behind 15th Street Fisheries)
12:00-4:00 pm: Scoring and public activities including lionfish tastings
Awards will immediately follow scoring (3:30 pm)
Lionfish scoring, fillet and dissection demonstrations, Lionfish tastings, games, raffle prizes and other activities will start at 12:00PM and are open to public.
- Find A Team: You can use our Fort Lauderdale Facebook Event to message others about setting up a team.
You Can Sell Your Fish
Teams with an FWC Saltwater Fishing License https://myfwc.com/license/recreational/how-to-order/ will have the option to sell their lionfish after the scoring at the derby so if you don’t have you license apply for it today online.
Teams will receive a raffle ticket for every five fish they donate towards the derby
If you are interested in volunteering or sponsoring this event, please contact lionfish@REEF.org.